UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jul 2007, 11:53 pm   #1
Patchy1986
Triode

Default Suggestions and ideas For Televisor kit.

I know there's about a half a dozen here who already own the MUTR televisor kit and was wondering what others have tried through their sets and is possible the wav files be uploaded here or somewhere like yousendit.com.

http://i12.tinypic.com/67d2s02.jpg

BBC All Seeing Eye

http://i13.tinypic.com/687vbrm.jpg

On a site showing 30 line tuning patterns I had the idea what if RCA had used the Indian before electronic television and had been used in the UK.

I hope this thread becomes active since id love to hear suggestions / ideas.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 11th Jul 2008 at 8:50 am. Reason: Reference to deleted link
Old 30th Jul 2007, 2:22 pm   #2
Patchy1986
Triode

Default Re: Suggestions and Idea's For Televisor Kit.

Ive created another I know its simple but anyway.

http://i11.tinypic.com/6d0q6wj.jpg

Last edited by Dave Moll; 30th Jul 2007 at 4:57 pm. Reason: correction to link
Old 6th Aug 2007, 3:13 am   #3
MarbleMad
Retired Dormant Member

hi, yes the white LED is much nicer and clearer. I built the kit with the red led (I suggest you do the same since that's what they suggest) but since the led is on a little pcb all on its own it's dead easy to cut a chunk of veroboard to size and plonk your white led on there.

I found the kit very easy and simple to make.. no trouble. The weaknesses in it were trying to get the CD movies to play.. they're terrible.. just as it all starts to sink up the scene changes and it all goes a bit strange again.

The internal test signal locks in no problem though.

I was quite disappointed at first because the reception on the thing was so poor but once I made my own film - made them nice and long and chose things that didn't have dramatic changes in brightness and ran it through my ipod instead of the cd player.. YAY it works great.

Oh one other thing I found. It eats batteries and as the batteries go so does the sync so I was continually adjusting the sync knob on the back.. very frustrating because again.. just as you got it all working it all went squiffy again.. Solution.. get a plug in power supply. I just drilled a hole in the back plastic and mounted a little power plug there. solved that problem right up.

Last edited by arjoll; 6th Aug 2007 at 6:04 am. Reason: Removed email address
Old 6th Aug 2007, 8:50 am   #4
DrZarkov
Retired Dormant Member

Before I've changed the LED and the diffusor I've installed a transformator, by origin because the kit arrived on a saturday and I had not enough batteries at home ;-)

Now I've added an 1 W amplifier, the next thing will be a new housing for the Televisor with a bigger magnifying glass and a more human viewing angle if I put the Televisor on the table.
Old 10th Aug 2007, 4:56 pm   #5
Patchy1986
Triode

Kits put together, and white LED changed over, tested it with the red one first only on the internal test pattern, haven't had the chance to use anything else yet.

The sticker on the front is not very good its started to actually rub away, just by peeling it off to place it on the set, so I have phone MUTR and they are getting back to me about it.

Other than that perfect.

Need to gets some draughtsman's film now.

Cheers.
Old 14th Aug 2007, 10:52 pm   #6
Patchy1986
Triode

Draughtsman's film has replaced the old diffuser, looks much better.
Old 14th Aug 2007, 11:40 pm   #7
Patchy1986
Triode

If anyone can provide me a scan of their label, Id greatly appreciate it, mine is in bad shape so I can print it out.
Old 15th Aug 2007, 11:37 am   #8
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	televisor.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	11551  
Old 16th Aug 2007, 6:16 pm   #9
Patchy1986
Triode

Labels printed and stuck on, I did more work on the label and cleaned up the corners too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Better Modified.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	11565  
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 8:13 am   #10
DrZarkov
Retired Dormant Member

I've got an email yesterday by another German who has bought the kit. Unfortunally the "sensor" for the sync was broken. To safe costs for sending it back to England he asks what is it really for a part? type number?
Closed Thread