UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2007, 11:15 am   #1
taipai_royal
Pentode

Default Bush TV22 MK11 Deflector Coil

A plea to anybody who has a Bush tv 22/24 on the bench. Please can you check where the
cable from L23 (trader 1003/T15) frame coil exits from the winding. I had connected up to the aurora for the first time last night, tried to square up a distorted test card, then crack, a cable blew, unfortunately I cant see where the break is. Looking at the terminal strip on top of the coils the cable concerned connects to terminal f ( see plan view of main chassis B3 ) 1003/T15.
A close up digi shot would be great, but any help appreciated. Hopefully I can locate and resolder. The Mark 1 seems to have the same configuration?
Regards Graham
Old 18th Aug 2007, 12:40 pm   #2
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: Bush TV22 MK11 Deflector Coil

As it happens I have a tube and coil assembly from a Mk I on the bench as we speak. I can send you an exhaustive close-up views all round the coils. Just PM me your email address if this would be useful.

Steve
Old 18th Aug 2007, 6:29 pm   #3
Panrock
Nonode

Graham, since you haven't been able to receive my email, here it is again now:

First, the scan coils in Trader Sheets 1003 (MkI) and 1091(MkII) do indeed appear to be identical, though they are numbered differently.

But L23 (frame) on Trader 1003 is the loudspeaker, so I think you must be referring to Trader 1091? And on the later Trader 1130 (TV22A) L23 is a line coil!

Here are two views to get you started. It's difficult to show everything. If you want another specific angle, or just want to know which wire goes where, please ask.

Don't forget too that a dicky/oxidised connection at the scan coil chassis plug is also a common trouble spot.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Imgp0722.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	11602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Imgp0723.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	11603  
Old 18th Aug 2007, 10:32 pm   #4
taipai_royal
Pentode

Thanks Steve, located and repaired, it was the green covered cable as seen in the first photo.I managed to dig out enough copper to solder on to, a bit tricky getting the enamel off, now measures 22 ohms so back in business again. I also took your advice about cleaning up the scan coils chassis plug pins. Must remember to concentrate more when reading off these Trader sheets, indeed should have read 1091 for the mk11.
Much appreciated Graham.
Closed Thread