UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2019, 1:02 pm   #1
zen61092
Diode

Default Marantz CD65 power on fault

Hi, got a fault with a CD65.

When I first got this player it worked, but it had a fault to begin with. The fault it had originally was that when the tray was ejected the tray motor would not stop. So I could hear the motor still trying to turn when the tray was out. I measured the tray out micro switch and it looked OK.

A few months later I powered the player up again. What it does now is it displays all 8's on the display - so basically it displays 888888. None of the players buttons respond. If I manually wind the tray out fully the display goes blank (it has hit the tray out micro switch). If I wind it back in a fraction all the 8's return. A replacement CDM2/10 has not changed the behavior.

I have measured voltages and they all look to be OK.

I'm thinking a fault on the control microprocessor. Anyone agree?

Thanks, Andy
Closed Thread