UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jul 2019, 2:57 pm   #1
Outrun_uk
Heptode

Default Massive parts find.

Hi all,

A unit was cleared out and I obtained a box of parts... It looks like a workshop was cleared out, 90% of the parts look unused but they were in paper bags which were a bit smelly and damp. A lot of them were on polystyrene squares or packing chips (!) some with foil wrapped on them. I’ve unbagged them all and am about to start sorting through them but this is going to take a good while. There is literally all sorts in here, TEA, TBA, TDA, HA, SAA, UPC, STK etc etc. Single in-line, DIL, QIL, it really is a massive lot. If anyone is desperate for a specific IC then let me know but it may take a while to find!!!

Cheers,

Kev
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A4B0F2CF-ACC6-491B-B117-C5AC2FBB2949.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	187071  
Old 21st Jul 2019, 3:21 pm   #2
ekjdm14
Banned

Default Re: Massive parts find.

Wow that's a good find, I think I see some of the "hedgehog" heatsinks in there that look like they could be the output IC's from Fidelity UA3 and the like. If they are then I would possibly be interested in 2 or 4 of them as spares.

Looks like you've got some hours of fun sorting through that little lot
Old 21st Jul 2019, 3:28 pm   #3
Outrun_uk
Heptode

Default Re: Massive parts find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekjdm14 View Post
Wow that's a good find, I think I see some of the "hedgehog" heatsinks in there that look like they could be the output IC's from Fidelity UA3 and the like. If they are then I would possibly be interested in 2 or 4 of them as spares.

Looks like you've got some hours of fun sorting through that little lot
Hi Dan,

If you can give me a device number I’ll see if there’s any there. Quite a few of the bonded heatsink devices.

Kev
Closed Thread