UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jul 2019, 10:36 am   #21
lesmw0sec
Octode

Default Re: PCB production using toner transfer

I can recall before all those fancy tapes came out, doing the artwork in indian ink for later photography. It took some time...
Old 5th Aug 2019, 1:23 pm   #22
M3VUV51
Banned

Default Re: PCB production using toner transfer

just as an aside,on the subject of etchant,ive tried ferric chloride and aluminiup perchlorate i think it was,i found then expensive and short lived!,i managed to wrangle a gallon of fuming hydrochloric acid from a friend,i now use a couple of capfulls mixed with hydrogen peroxide fron boots chemist %9vol,works well and lasts ages,normaly use an old indian takeaway container in a sink of hot water to do the etching,also if you strip old zink carbon batterys the zink from the outer case droped into the neat acit makes zink chloride( basicaly bakers fluid) but whereass thats about %30 strenth the home brew stuff is %100,works great on copper and steel etc.
Closed Thread