UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jul 2013, 4:30 pm   #1
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Mordaunt Arundel(?) spotted homeless on streets of Oxford!

Driving to a family picnic this afternoon, I spotted what looked like a Mordaunt Arundel abandoned on the pavement, presumably left out for the refuse collectors.

It's been raining here so its cabinet will be spoiled, but I would have thought that the desirable drivers (incl Kelly Ribbon?) may well be intact.

This was literally a drive-by sighting, so I can't vouch for its condition or completeness, or even its definitive identity. I couldn't grab it as the wife would have had something to say.

But if anyone's in the area, it's in Binsey Lane, fairly near the Botley Road end, on the left hand side as you're coming from Botley Road.

N.
Old 28th Jul 2013, 8:01 pm   #2
trickie_dickie
Hexode

Default Re: Mordaunt Arundel(?) spotted homeless on streets of Oxford!

Its probably dissolved by now.
Old 29th Jul 2013, 9:23 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Panic over!

Popped along today to find it wasn't a Mordaunt, rather a Dynatron LS2034.

Shoved it in the car anyway(!) and am listening to it now and have to say it sounds fine for what it is.

The drivers are all Goodmans: an 8" woofer, a 3" midrange and 3" tweeter, in a stylish teak-veneered 5/8" plywood bass-reflex cabinet on a little black plinth, measuring a whopping 27" high by 15" deep. It certainly goes very loud without a trace of distortion.

If I had more space, it would be just the ticket to go with one of my mono VHF sets: I'm sure it would sound damn good connected to a Mayflower or similar. But as space is at a premium, I will strip it for the drivers unless anyone wants to re-home it (FOC of course), in which case PM me.

Nick.
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 4:14 pm   #4
ben
Dekatron

Glad you saved it, Nick! Must have been a relatively quiet street for it to still be there hours later. Well done and let's hope someone here can do something with it.
Closed Thread