UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Dec 2019, 1:02 pm   #1
bikelectro
Pentode

Default Faded red Bush logo

This old Bush from about ‘73 belonged to my parents.
It has two cosmetic issues, i lent it to work colleagues as a film prop and as i carried it on a freezing day to work, the aluminium trim popped off in the centre.
I think i will have to separate it from the plastic facia, file a bit off it’s length and refit. The plastic must have shrunk a bit permanently?
The other issue you can see in the picture is that the red bush printed logo has badly faded. I would love to restore this somehow.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	991A9AA7-D9B1-483B-9AFC-1E4E874AC11B.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	195673   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA80549D-EC5D-46ED-865A-6CA2BDBED615.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	195674  
Old 21st Dec 2019, 4:09 pm   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Faded red Bush logo

You could try drawing a new logo in Paint as a mirror of the final logo.
Printing it onto greaseproof paper with a colour laser printer then ironing it onto the aluminium.
The red letters should stick to the aluminium, then carefully peel away the greaseproof paper.

Mike
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 2:44 pm   #3
bikelectro
Pentode

I got the trim off without bending and it doesn’t need reduced in length. What best to re - stick it, Impact adhesive or double sided tape?
Thats a good idea for the logo, but sounds tricky. It doesn’t have to be exactly identical, i was hoping someone might have a sticker, transfer or badge of an old set, it is quite small though.
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 2:46 pm   #4
bikelectro
Pentode

Here’s a picture..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D43FCDBB-AB0C-4A21-8C01-3E640F0CFCBE.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	195712  
Closed Thread