UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Dec 2019, 10:40 pm   #1
Alvin
Heptode

Default Converting a TV Into A Cat Bed!

With so many cat lovers on this forum I just had to share this from a local freegle discussion - certainly makes a change from fish tanks or cocktail cabinets! I've edited out usernames and profile pics, etc

Quote:
Hello! Does anyone know how to open up an old TV? I can't figure it out. I would like to remove the insides and make a cat bed out of i[/B]

Should unscrew underneath sometimes have plastic caps over screw holes to hide them

If you manage to get the cover off, be very careful with the electrics inside as there will be several capacitors that retain high voltage for a considerable time.

If you're planning to keep the phosphorescent screen, it'll be moderately radioactive, so not good for your cat!!!

Thanks! I plan to take the screen off for the cat to get in. Do you think it is overall a bad idea?

Thank you! This is amazing. How can I be careful? Sorry I have never opened up any electricals in my life!

Thank you! There seems to be indeed screws underneath but they are tiny and the whole is very slim, not possible to open with regular screwdrivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fimg_9107.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	195108  

Last edited by Station X; 10th Dec 2019 at 11:40 am. Reason: Ridiculous font size.
Old 9th Dec 2019, 11:21 pm   #2
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Converting a TV Into A Cat Bed!

I can’t imagine it making a very comfortable cat bed?! Will a cat even fit in it? Ours certainly wouldn’t! And he’d turn his nose up at the prospect of sleeping in a manky little tv cabinet! He’s not happy unless he’s on the most expensive piece of furniture he can find, which happens to be my sofa, even though he gets told to get off it!

Regards
Lloyd
Old 10th Dec 2019, 11:39 am   #3
Station X

Default Re: Converting a TV Into A Cat Bed!

Sorry, but this subject is off topic for the forums. It's not as if a forum member were asking the question.

Thread closed following discussion by the moderators.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread