UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2013, 3:02 am   #1
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Comark 3500 Digital Thermometer

I have made an attempt at calibrating my 3501 (Centigrade version of the series) but unfortunately my copy of extracts from the manual does not have Section 6 (Calibration) and other niceties such as the spec's. Taking a guess from the schematic I set iteratively RV1 (TC comp. bridge) for room temp, and RV3 for 100°C which seems ok over this limited range, but if anyone has the complete cal procedure I'd be most grateful.
- Julian
Old 5th Dec 2013, 12:29 am   #2
majoconz
Heptode

Default Re: Comark 3500 Digital Thermometer

To obtain 100°C is not as easy as it sounds - you need a true barometric pressure and the water should be distilled - even then it's a bit of a guess unless you already have access to a lab standard thermometer.
0° is easy - crush up some ice - half fill a thermos flask with it - add cold water and put it in the fridge with no top on the flask for half an hour or so. Have a look at it to see if you have a slush of ice and water - add more ice or water and repeat if necessary. This relies on the latent heat of ice and water and if there is no or little heat going in, then you have a stable equilibrium at 0°C. I doubt if you need to go as far as a triple point Dewar flask!
Old 5th Dec 2013, 11:42 pm   #3
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Quote:-- I doubt if you need to go as far as a triple point Dewar flask!
Which of course is NOT 0 degrees C. 0.15 degrees difference if my memory serves.
Pedantic Les.
Old 6th Dec 2013, 12:58 am   #4
majoconz
Heptode

http://www.bipm.org/utils/common/pdf...n_2_2_2013.pdf

First paragraph.

Last edited by majoconz; 6th Dec 2013 at 1:05 am.
Closed Thread