UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Sep 2014, 6:13 pm   #1
andycapp
Rest in Peace

Default Replacement screws

Hi all, I wonder if anyone knows where to get decent replacement screws with lock washers for the backs of Vintage radios, is there any place that does them? I have 2 civilian receivers and a Philips 462A-15. The Philips especially has screws that don't really tighten and although the Civilians seem original there are a few problems with them.

TIA, Andy.
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 8:30 pm   #2
tim.norris
Pentode

Default Re: Replacement screws

Have a look at "Stig Fasteners", he does both metric and BA in different heads and sizes. iI am rebuilding a Bush AC91 and have found a toolshop in Blackburn that stocks BA bolts in various sizes, some stainless. Hope this is of some help.

Regards, Tim.
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 8:54 pm   #3
vidjoman
Octode

I've used Namrick in Hove, Sussex. Do vast array of sizes BA, Metric, American, Etc, Etc., and in various finishes.
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 8:56 pm   #4
andycapp
Rest in Peace

Thanks. I will try them both.
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 9:01 pm   #5
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

I'll put in a commendation for Namrick: they were really brilliant at providing stainless-steel UNF-type nuts/bolts/studs a few years back.
Closed Thread