UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2006, 4:43 pm   #1
A_W_TYE
Pentode

Smile Pageant Model T1716 valve line-up

Hi Everybody

Does any one know, where I might be able to get a circuit diagram
for the above mentioned television .

Many Thanks.
Alan.
Old 21st Apr 2006, 8:21 pm   #2
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: Pageant Model T1716

Hello,

"Pageant" was the brand name used by the Scottish Co-operative Societies. The English Co-ops used "Defiant". They will probably have a Plessey made chassis in them (after around 1966, they would have Rank Bush Murphy innards).

The only Pageant sets I have been able to look up have model numbers starting with a "P".

Unless anyone else knows the set you have, perhaps it would help to post some details of it, such as: CRT type and make, valve types and is the set Band 1 & Band 3 (BBC/ITV) or an early Band 1 (BBC) only type?

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Old 21st Apr 2006, 9:24 pm   #3
A_W_TYE
Pentode

Perhaps it would help to post some details of it, such as: CRT type and make, valve types and is the set Band 1 & Band 3 (BBC/ITV) or an early Band 1 (BBC) only type?

Regards,

Dazzlevision[/quote]

The tube has SBW Tubes Ltd type HW43-69 on it.
the valve line up consists of Eht rectifier ( U25 )
U191 , 30p4 Boost valves.
30F5 x 3
EF85
6D2
PCC84
PCF80
30PL1
ECL80
PY32

The set Has bands 1 & 3.

Best regards
Alan.
Old 21st Apr 2006, 9:41 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hello Alan,

The CRT and valve line-up dates the set around 1956-8, I would say. The valves are a mixture of Mullard and Mazda types, which I think was typical of Plessey designs at that time.

I'll have a look to see if I can identify the chassis. The CRT looks to be a replacement of the original - probably a rebuilt type.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Old 21st Apr 2006, 10:02 pm   #5
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hello,

The Defiant T1710, T1720 & T1760 have the same valve line-up as your set, apart from there being two ECL80 valves - have you missed one?

There is also a wired-in valve (3 wires) on the Line Output Transformer, a U25 - the EHT rectifier.

Looking at the rear of the set, the mains dropper resistor is at the rear above the line output transformer, there are two fuses in the middle at the rear and there are four preset controls at the front of the set, between the on-ff/volume/brightness controls (concentric knobs) and the channel selector/fine tuning knobs (concentric). There are also what appear to be two metal inverted "U" shaped metal brackets either side of the two fuses, with the PY32 valve under the right-hand one.

Does this fit your set?

Dazzlevision
Closed Thread