UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Mar 2019, 6:27 pm   #1
greenstar
Octode

Default A quick Selena Vega question

I know there is no such thing, it's like the 'ten minute job!
I am driving myself potty trying to find out what type jack plug is needed for the headphone socket on my B210, and where I can get one. It doesn't appear standard and there seems to be no manual/info on the net. I'd like to start using it and don't want to worry about the neighbours. It says 60 Ohm. Then would WWII type low impedance 'phones do the trick? I am sure someone knows this!
Thanks,
Tony
Old 12th Mar 2019, 10:27 pm   #2
orbanp1
Heptode

Default Re: A quick Selena Vega question

Hi Tony,

Lots of places on the internet have the schematics and documentation, here is one, just scroll down a bit:
http://www.radiohistoria.sk/Oldradio.../wdocu/0000304

Russian radios usually have 2.5mm mono audio jacks, you can buy plugs for it, or just replace it with a "standard" 3.5mm one.
According to the schematics the audio output is also available at the DIN-jack, as the tape output, but it is the same audio output from the final power amplifier.
As the output is coming from a quasi-complementer output stage, capable of providing up to 1W (the power limited by the 9V supply voltage), any impedance headphone, or external speaker would work.
If you use a headphone you probably want to put some resistor in series with the output (30 Ohm - 200 Ohm, depending on the headphone), so it would not overdrive the headphone.

Regards, Peter
Old 13th Mar 2019, 2:34 am   #3
camtechman
Nonode

Quote:
Russian radios usually have 2.5mm mono audio jacks,

Some of the Russian radios I have in my collection are 3mm !!
Old 13th Mar 2019, 8:32 am   #4
greenstar
Octode

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful. It's definitely not 3.5mm so will seek a 2.5. I see that adapters are available which is easy, and will try with minimum volume and see if it needs a resistor. That looks a useful web site - I will post it in the web site section.
Tony
Closed Thread