UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Oct 2013, 7:41 pm   #1
YoungManGW
Hexode

Default For Sale: Ekco A147 Festival

Having decided, in the interests of relative sanity, to set a termination date of 1949 to my collection of sets, and to concentrate on Bakelite cabinets, I've decided to sell my 1951 Ekco A147 set.

This is in good condition, the top of the cabinet having been refinished to a high standard. The replacement lettering isn't in the right font however. The urea formaldehyde grilles are in excellent condition. The station indicator lamps need to be aligned with the tuning. Otherwise untested.

I wish only to recoup what it cost me, so it's for sale for 45. I can take it along to Golborne on 3 November, if that's helpful. Otherwise, it's collection from Oswestry, Shropshire, please.

Photo of the actual set here: http://ymgw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/ekco-festival.html
Old 27th Oct 2013, 9:05 am   #2
YoungManGW
Hexode

Default Re: For Sale: Ekco A147 Festival

Am keen to liberate the space this is taking up (to be filled instead by a Bakelite set!)
Price thus reduced to 40.
Old 1st Nov 2013, 9:43 am   #3
YoungManGW
Hexode

Final day for any shouts for this set, ahead of Golborne, as need to sort out the logistics for the weekend, to include popping in to the northern swapmeet.

Will someone please buy this lonely wooden set, to create a space for a Bakelite Ekco cousin not so patiently waiting to take its space!

Regards.
Old 11th Nov 2013, 10:02 am   #4
YoungManGW
Hexode

One last effort to sell this, ahead of advertising it elsewhere. So, here's the pitch. In the interests of making space for other sets, queuing up for display, I'm going to include with the A147 Festival, already pictured, this Ekco U49 http://ymgw.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/bakelite-beast.html
for 45 for the pair.
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 8:03 pm   #5
Pepelephew
Pentode

I am adding to my fledgeling collection....are these still available?
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 2:53 pm   #6
YoungManGW
Hexode

Hello there. Sorry, but these two radios are now promised to Gwarpy.

Moderators: thread may be closed, thank-you.

Regards.