UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2013, 2:10 pm   #1
Daventry 5XX
Pentode

Default 1920's Colvern tuning coil assembly

Hi All

Can anybody supply me with any info. on a tuning coil assembly,made by a company called Colvern ltd.in Romford Essex around about 1927.

It was made presumably for the home build market and consisted of 3 coils,LW,SW,(what we would now call MW)and a reaction coil.

There are 2 coils on the outside former,a large one and a small one at the bottom,and one coil down the centre of the former with a label marked "new Mullard master three".

The coil base has 6 connections marked 1 to 6 with a sliding wavechange switch built into it.

On the underside,numerous pins are hardwired together.

I think connections 1 and 2 are for the tuning condensor,but other than that I am just guessing.

There is a similar item,RM3S, on the 'Radio Museum' website but it is a later version,about 1935.

Many Thanks

Alan
Old 28th Apr 2013, 7:35 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: 1920's Colvern tuning coil assembly

Hi Alan, Colvern and Telsen both made a similar range of baseboard mounting coils. PM me you e-mail and I'll send you a scan or one of their leaflets showing connections and typical circuit.

Ed
Closed Thread