UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Sep 2017, 5:09 pm   #1
bill newton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Graph Oscilloscope type 303C. Value?

I have one of the above with the original operating instruction book. I have not fired it up but I assume it works.

Is it worth anything?
Old 4th Sep 2017, 10:33 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Graph Oscilloscope type 303C. Value?

Hi Bill

No idea if its worth anything but there was a previous thread about one of these here

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=130092

It looks to be of around 1960 vintage.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 5th Sep 2017, 9:39 am   #3
suebutcher
Heptode

They're still a useful instrument and easy to service, so I'd say it is worth something, and the instruction book isn't on the web anywhere as far as I know. I bought mine for $15, but it was faulty and the knobs were missing, and that was over twenty years ago. It wasn't very hard to get it going, in fact the knobs were the biggest headache. Are you thinking of selling? If not, could you post a scan of the circuit diagram? I'm interested to see how it differs from the Radar 303.

Last edited by suebutcher; 5th Sep 2017 at 9:45 am.
Old 5th Sep 2017, 3:18 pm   #4
WME_bill
Octode

Graph 303C / Radar 303C.
I fear you won't make your fortune with this. I see that Suebutcher in Australia is wondering about comparing the Graph version with the Radar (Waveforms) 303C of 1959-1960. I think it is the same. Can you post the Graph 303C circuit, I wonder.
See the earlier thread of October 2016, which gives the date as 1959, and the circuit of the Radar 303C which I posted.

In terms of value, probably the nearest comparable is the Telequipment S31, with same 6 Mhz, 100mV performance, produced from about the same date.

Much more popular is theTelequipment S32, a vastly improved version (10Mhz), of 1963/4, which I suspect really established Telequipment in the market.
The S32 has appeared on ebay between 2008 and 2017 at around £15 to £20, but I am not sure all were actually sold even if working.
If you are thinking of selling, I would be interested, as I have the earlier Radar301, and would like to add it to my collection of early oscilloscopes. Send me a PM.
wme_bill
Closed Thread