UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2019, 8:30 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default How It Works Ep 2 BBC4 Bakelite!

This series of three programs re Metals, Plastics and Ceramics dates from 2012 and is being repeated currently. Episode 2 features the Bakelite Museum in Williton Somerset and there is quite a bit of Radio/TV material there and elsewhere in a very interesting hour-recommended On the I-Player for 27 days! I recall Forum members saying that they had visited the Museum nine years ago, after the first Broadcast. I've just checked the Web Site. It was being packed up into storage for a possible travelling exhibition and maybe a new home, late last year!

Related comment-
Remember when due to "cut backs" BBC4 [and 6Music] were the very first assumed "soft targets" proposed for closure by some bright sparks [circa 2009]. They've obviously been prepared to use the BBC4 Archive ever since as a treasure trove of repeats that definitely are worth watching and save money, as well as making an invaluable addition to the archives! Even the first decade of this excellent channel wasn't acknowledged in 2012

Dave W
Closed Thread