UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 13th Jul 2019, 12:34 pm   #101
Paul_RK
Nonode

Default Re: When did PCB tracks become 'traces'?

The final printed Oxford English Dictionary, from 1989 with minor revisions in 1991, includes a quote from the New York Times Magazine in 1981 to the effect that among the young and affluent "train station" had thoroughly supplanted "railroad station". It doesn't have any reference to "train station" entering the language on this side of the broad Atlantic.

Paul
Paul_RK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:43 pm   #102
Aub
Heptode

Default Re: When did PCB tracks become 'traces'?

No one understands anything anymore, but they "get it".

Why do people ( mainly those under about 40 years old ) start to answer a question with the word "So" ?

Can I get, instead of can I have, or do you have.

A sports person is expected to medal in an event, instead of winning a medal.

Broadcasters who say that a road is blocked by an accident, instead of because of an accident.

A radio or TV station is "All across" something that day.