UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 14th Nov 2018, 10:47 pm   #1
PortugalTV
Tetrode

Default Capacitor restuffing

hi
this is main filter capacitors restuffing on an old battered high hours TV
the tv is a "Ponto azul" wich is a Portuguese knock-off of Blaupunkt
it is an all vacuum tube black and white set with a 110ยบ crt
i dont have a schematic but i managed to ressurect this old gem
it had a bad flyback high voltage winding and i replaced it with one from an American Tv that i bought off ebay.
the high voltage is a bit low due to the different HV winding and the picture blooms when the brightness is maxed out, the crt has a burn in the center but it is still good to watch some movies.
the linearity and h-size is screwed up no matter how i adjust it but i will not touch that until i find a schematic. all original caps and resistors except the filters wich were physically leaking electrolite

here is a photo of before and after on the filter caps and a video with raw footage of the process..
i need to take better pics of the tv , the picture is better than it appears on my cell phone camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVBnl_nm5g
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	172841   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20181104_14_05_00_Pro.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	172842   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20181013_20_41_11_Pro.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	172843  

Last edited by PortugalTV; 14th Nov 2018 at 11:04 pm.
Closed Thread