UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Oct 2019, 5:25 pm   #21
Paul444
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Dansette RG31 mains wiring

Thanks again for all the great advice. I wired in a lamp lead, and 3 amp fused plug with a scotchblock. The radio works, although it is fairly quiet, the turntable doesn't. That's the extent of my work on this. I am looking to sell it as a restoration project. Would it be deemed acceptable to offer it for sale here, or be seen as too mercenary?
Old 18th Oct 2019, 8:30 pm   #22
AC/HL
Dekatron

Hi Paul,
A wise decision it seems. You're very welcome to offer it for sale in the relevant section, but you need to quote a price. You'll likely be asked to post it, so that is a consideration. I'm sure Members will be able to offer a fair valuation in due course.
Old 19th Oct 2019, 10:07 am   #23
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

This sounds like a fairly easy fix for those with experience. They are several of these on auction sites right now and these will give you an indication of what a working model may fetch. It will be most likely sell to a "vinyl" fan as the radio tuner is AM only and cannot pick up the stations most favoured by younger enthusiaists. However, it should be able to receive Radio Caroline in the south east of the UK.
Old 21st Oct 2019, 3:34 pm   #24
Paul444
Retired Dormant Member

For some reason I couldn't post for a while, so couldn't place a for sale ad. I sold it on another platform for restoration. One saved with the help of all the posters on here, thanks!
Closed Thread