UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Feb 2016, 9:56 pm   #1
Philips210
Nonode

Default Vidor CN432 Control Knobs

Hi

I'm currently working on a Vidor CN432 portable valve radio and have restored it to good working order after replacing the waxed paper capacitors and a few resistors which had drifted high. Luckily, the four valves were fine and the filaments still intact.

The waveband control knob has suffered some abrasion damage and the legend has mostly worn off, please see the attached photo. As can be seen, the accompanying volume control knob is in reasonable condition. I was thinking about restoring the lettering on the waveband knob but I think it will be a challenge to do so. The green colour lettering is applied to the underside of the perspex disc and overpainted in a cream colour.
Does anyone know what font the lettering is and has anyone successfully repaired the lettering on this type of knob? Better still, does anyone have a spare available?
I believe these same knobs may have been used in other Vidor models, the CN430 for example.

Regards
Symon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vidor CN432 knobs.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	120502  

Last edited by Philips210; 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:20 pm. Reason: addition of text
Closed Thread