UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2016, 9:34 am   #1
Hunter111
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sobell all transistor

Hello I have recently required a sonbell all transistor basically I have been hunting the Internet for recent ones that have sold, the only one I have came across is a picture in the radio museum, I own a Pam 710 that I will be keeping hold of and a load of other vintage radios that will be sold, I was hoping someone could tell me if this radio is worth keeping safe aswell as my Pam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	120367  
Old 21st Feb 2016, 2:02 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Sobell all transistor

This is not as epoch making and rare as the PAM (UK's first all transistor radio) and is a fairly standard early/mid 1960s model. It is likely to share many common components/design elements with other brands owned by Radio and Allied Industries. Not worth that much I'm afraid. Edward
Old 21st Feb 2016, 2:16 pm   #3
sobell1980
Octode

Default Re: Sobell all transistor

I have one of these. It's not a rare set by any means and a cheaply built transistor set. Mine is precious to me as it was my grandmothers that I rescued from the skip on her house clearance. I spent sometime re storing it so it works. Admittedly yours is the only one I've seen other than mine but they are nothing special other than mine is of great sentimental value. Sound quality isn't great and the output transformer of sorts it uses the speaker 30 ohm resistance as it's secondary , so it's a budget set really. Yours is in much better cosmetic condition than mine.

Here is the link to the thread of the repair to mine if it helps with info on the set.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=117274

It is a Sobell model number S305BT. The service and manufacturer data is available to download from the link at the top right of the forum home page. I enjoy using mine daily. Hope this helps.
Dave.
Closed Thread