UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Oct 2014, 2:30 pm   #21

Default Re: Build stereo valve amp

Wood can look quite good, see... https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...7&postcount=40

Old 15th Oct 2014, 11:39 am   #22
Restoration73
Nonode

Some time back I restored (rebuilt !) two Dulci DPA10's based on the 5-10 design.
It was shocking that the fine original design had been executed with very poor
components, so modern components will yield an even better performance, as I found.
However if a lot of work is involved the 5-20 design may be preferable.
Old 17th Oct 2014, 7:09 am   #23
Neil Purling
Nonode

I made a Mullard 3-3, which is loud enough for me. The transformers are going to be the biggest pain in the wallet. I am thankful that Forum member Mr Dinning was able to provide a re-cycled fully shrouded power transformer and wind a o/p transformer as well.
The 3-3 uses valves which are not expensive. I used a Svetlana EF86 & a re-cycled Reflektor EL84 that escaped from a Rigonda stereo system. New examples are easy enough to get & the 300V HT isn't going to hammer them to death.
Old 17th Oct 2014, 9:08 am   #24
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Gents, many people have commented on how good the 3-3 sounds in a domestic location and I've done a few transformers for them now.
The amp itself has enough sensitivity for most modern sources, but if extra gain is required there are 2 good pre-amp designs in the Mullard book that can accompany it and can be powered from the 3-3.

Ed
Closed Thread