UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2019, 3:49 pm   #1
TALKINGWITHPYE
Pentode

Location: Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK.
Default Yaesu FT817. Found a youtube video.

Hello from Dave, some time ago I had a problem with my FT817 not working on ssb. I logged into youtube and found a video dealing with this problem and the video maker showed the trouble shooting procedures and he found that there is an optional filter selection on menu 38. This was set to on when it should have been set to off. This was the same problem I had and the factory reset cured it, so I now understand more fully what can happen. You tube videos can be very informative.

Cheers all
Dave
Old 1st May 2019, 5:22 pm   #2
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Re: Yaesu FT817. Found a youtube video.

I've got an 818 (same thing basically) with the Collins CW filter. I turned this on by accident in SSB on that menu option and I thought I'd broken it because the thing sounded terrible!
Closed Thread