UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Nov 2019, 7:30 pm   #21
kalee20
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush DAC90a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helder Crespo View Post
Also, could you help me with your recommended power/voltage ratings for each of the new components? Thanks!
Helder
Capacitors should be at least 250V rating, but 400V would be better. (The 6800pF capacitor could take a hammering if the volume was turned up full so I used 630V here). Resistors... OK at 0.5W except the 4.7k which has already been discussed (use at least a 3W component).

Good luck - let us know what you reckon!
Old 6th Nov 2019, 7:51 pm   #22
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee20 View Post
Quote:
Also, could you help me with your recommended power/voltage ratings for each of the new components? Thanks!
Helder
Capacitors should be at least 250V rating, but 400V would be better. (The 6800pF capacitor could take a hammering if the volume was turned up full so I used 630V here). Resistors... OK at 0.5W except the 4.7k which has already been discussed (use at least a 3W component).

Thanks! I'll have to order the components first, as I only have those for the output transformer mod, but I'll definitely let you know how it came out in the end.
Old 6th Nov 2019, 8:28 pm   #23
kalee20
Dekatron

If you do this, also do the 0.003μF-to-something-smaller on the UBC41 anode mod, or you won't get the full benefit!
Old 6th Nov 2019, 9:33 pm   #24
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Quote:
If you do this, also do the 0.003μF-to-something-smaller on the UBC41 anode mod, or you won't get the full benefit!
Thanks! I did that already. In any case, it shouldn't affect the sound quality when using the Bluetooth output, which connects to the volume control top.
Old 6th Nov 2019, 10:05 pm   #25
Herald1360
Dekatron

Yes it will!

The volume control feeds the grid of the UBC41 so any rolloff in its anode circuit will affect the tone since it's further along the signal path.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 6th Nov 2019, 10:26 pm   #26
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald1360 View Post
Yes it will!

The volume control feeds the grid of the UBC41 so any rolloff in its anode circuit will affect the tone since it's further along the signal path.
You're totally right. Thanks!
Old 26th Jan 2020, 6:36 pm   #27
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Quote:
Quote:
Helder

Just a quick update (more to follow) on the result of your mod on a DAC90A with Colin Boggis' great bluetooth add-on: absolutely brilliant!!! I could not believe what I was getting from the single DAC90A original speaker. Thanks to you both! Will probably repeat the treatment on my second DAC90A.
Closed Thread