UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Nov 2019, 5:44 pm   #1
stubbyeddy
Pentode

Default Ekco PB289

This project has been on the go for last last few years and now I have cleared some space and a bit of a backlog im now able to work on it once again

Basically is all works, the motor wave change and presets etc and the amp is working well with good sound. Shortwave is working well and very sensitive but long and medium wave I only get a barely audible sound when the volume is on max. Any ideas where I should check, I have no magic eye installed as its missing the whole thing has had its caps changed.

I can't test the valves so im hoping its not one of those I would imagine it would be something that links both the LW and MW ? I know the set does not have provision for SW presets and I know the gram input is working perfectly..

Anyone have any ideas where I should start ? Anyone had experience working with these in the past ?

Many thanks

Eddy
Old 4th Nov 2019, 5:53 pm   #2
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: Ekco PB289

Start at the front end,could be anything from dirt wave change switch to open coil.
Old 6th Nov 2019, 3:05 pm   #3
stubbyeddy
Pentode

Default Re: Ekco PB289

Tracked the quiet MW down to a bad solder joint and dirty contact but sadly LW has an open coil.. Nice to get it working this far! interesting set to see in operation.
Closed Thread