UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jun 2015, 6:49 pm   #1
robin coleman
Hexode

Default BVWTV Museum Garden Party 2015

What a wonderful day it was for the garden party in West Dulwich the weather was its brilliant standard as ever. The film show and music were spot on. A wonderfull day celebrating the life of Gerry Wells. I hope one day the television footage will be put on disc, I for one would buy a copy.

Regards, Robin.
Old 8th Jun 2015, 9:12 pm   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: BVWTV Museum Garden Party 2015

Indeed another great day this year, with HCS spinning the discs. I think Mike Barker
said BVWS members will enjoy the next DVD ..... (if in doubt, join !)
Tony
Old 8th Jun 2015, 11:11 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the memorial event, although I really wanted to be there. I'm really pleased it went well, the sun shone, and it was a fitting tribute to Gerry.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster

Last edited by Station X; 8th Jun 2015 at 11:18 pm. Reason: Thread split.
Old 9th Jun 2015, 12:00 am   #4
audiomagpie
Heptode

Yes, it was a really good day of happy celebration for the life of a wonderful and unique character. There were certainly one or two 'lump in the throat' moments when folk who were close to him spoke out their tributes over the mic, not only from museum and BVWS people but a very nice talk by a neighbour, he was well respected in Rosendale Road.

Releasing the many white helium balloons was a touching moment also. They seemed to be drawn towards the Crystal Palace transmitter.........

BVWS committee chairman
Closed Thread