UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jan 2015, 2:43 pm   #1
saddlestone-man
Hexode

Default RM2 Metal Rectifier

Does anyone have the voltage and current spec for the RM2?

best regards ... Stef
Old 12th Jan 2015, 3:18 pm   #2
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

Default Re: RM2 Metal Rectifier

Is that the Brimar SenTerCel RM2?
If so, my datasheet says RMS input per unit, 125v max, DC Disc to Rivet voltage, 700v max, and DC output 100mA.
Andy
Old 12th Jan 2015, 4:25 pm   #3
saddlestone-man
Hexode

Hi Andy

That sounds like the right one. My Barton's radio has two in series, fed from the mains, so the voltage rating makes sense. I'm about to find out soon if they are still functioning.

best regards ... Stef
Old 31st May 2016, 10:26 am   #4
Neil Purling
Nonode

What were the forward & reverse resistance measurements of them when new?
I pulled a pair off another kit radio that measured infinty one way. The other way each assembly had a different resistance: One was 348K, the other 1.38M.
I was thinking of dismantling the rectifiers and replacing all washers with insulators and wiring a diode across the tags. However... It looks like there is no way of dismantling these Brimar RM2.
I might see if I can dismantle one of those flat contact-cooled type to hide a diode inside, which would have the appearance of a later repair.
Closed Thread