UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2015, 10:54 am   #1
beamcurrent
Heptode

Default NVCF Bring and Buy

Less than 3 weeks to go.

The Bring and Buy will be near the entrance as usual. There will loads of junk?? exceptionally?? valuable vintage items for sale but here's the catch. Apart from the odd item that the team brings along you've got to bring all the items yourselves

As usual you can either:

A: Donate items so that 100% of the sale price goes to the Vintage Wireless Museum

B: Sell items with 10% commission to the Museum.

If you have many items to sell on commission we would be very grateful if you make a list of the items with your name at the top followed by a numbered list with item name and price. Please also label items with the list number and price. This isn't essential - we will have plenty of labels etc - but when things are busy on the stall it speeds up the booking in.

If you're donating stuff then no lists or labels are needed.

The "booking in" process at the NVCF bring and buy can be quite busy, to speed things up and ensure less errors I have written a form:-

Please use this if you have more than, say, 3 or 4 items.

Attached are "Jpeg" and "doc" versions, the doc will print better.

If you use your own labels add the serial number to it, leaving a space so that we can add a serial letter(s) so that 1, 2, 3, can become A1, A2, A3, .... B1, B2, B3,.... and so on.

Please punch the form for the ring binder.

We shall have a good day and raise a lot of funds for the Museum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nvcf-b&b-sheet2015.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	107252  
Attached Files
File Type: doc NVCF public sheet 2.doc (27.0 KB, 180 views)

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
Old 21st Apr 2015, 6:17 pm   #2
Dickie
Octode

Default Re: NVCF Bring and Buy

What's the smart way to get stuff onto the stall? If you've got something heavy or several small items it isn't practical to stand in the entrance queue until you are allowed in!

Richard, BVWS member
Old 21st Apr 2015, 8:30 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I tend to get myself into the hall first, then find a convenient moment to nip out and bring items in, perhaps with prior warning to the B&B stall.

Don't forget that wheeled transporters such as sack barrows are not permitted in the hall while the fair is open to the public, so it is neccessary to ensure that items can be carried in.
Old 3rd May 2015, 5:22 pm   #4
harvestgold
Hexode

Is it going to be a nice big stall like last year? I have a few items for sale and donation! Don't worry - nothing too big and heavy. . .

Neil.
Old 4th May 2015, 11:40 pm   #5
murphymad
Heptode

Hi All,

We won't know how big the Bring & Buy stall can be until the day before the show as that is when all of the tables are set out and the display area is finalised.
This then determines how much space is left to use for the Bring & Buy area.

Mike...
Old 9th May 2015, 10:58 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The bring and buy stall is four tables, and is along the wall to the right of the cash office (next to the BVWS stall).

We are all set up and ready for a good day tomorrow.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 10th May 2015, 8:04 pm   #7
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

Congratulations to all involved in the organisation!
Old 10th May 2015, 9:32 pm   #8
Reelman
Octode

Another great day out, many thanks to all involved.
See you all again next week at the Dunstable Downs Rally perhaps?
Peter
Old 10th May 2015, 10:09 pm   #9
Sean Williams
Dekatron

A good show - lots of work for those that do the organising! I could only stay for a few hours today, but bumped into a lot of people that I have not seen for a fair while.

Managed to pick up a nice little TV, and a homebrew Oscilloscope (soon to become a homebrew TV)

DUnstable Downs next week for me as well - I need to empty my loft, so will have a stall there

Thanks to all that give their time selflessly to making these sorts of events happen!
Old 11th May 2015, 12:05 am   #10
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

I must add my thanks and congratulations to the organising committee, and especially to Jeremy, Jeffrey and their colleagues on the Bring & Buy stall which was busier than I've ever seen. They still managed to sell most of my donations. Well done to everyone involved; a really enjoyable day

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 11th May 2015, 9:59 am   #11
beamcurrent
Heptode

What a Day!!

The bring and buy was very busy, completely manic, and raised a fraction under £600 which will be going to the Museum funds.

I can only say again that you are really generous folk, both donating stuff and buying. A special thank you to all who helped on the stall. You know who you are.

From the B&B team.

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
Old 11th May 2015, 11:31 am   #12
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I was there, as I have been for the past four or five years. Spent about £30 on components, grille cloth, and a TMK Battery Powered insulation tester, but nothing at the B&B unfortunately. A lot of very interesting items on display & for sale, as ever, though I do wonder about the prolifeation of stands selling Records, CDs, DVDs, etc. Congratulations to all involved in the orgaization, setting up, and running of the show. Where would we all be without you!
Old 11th May 2015, 8:29 pm   #13
Focus Diode
Octode

Another excellent year. Many thanks to everyone involved and for their efforts in hosting these events. The entrance fee increase was unfortunate but appreciate the expense involved.

Here's to next and future years to this excellent event. One of the highlights of the year.

Nice also to see the friendly pair of sheep on the way to and from the entrance!

Cheers,
Brian
Old 11th May 2015, 11:29 pm   #14
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Thanks to whoever donated the Memorex CD player on the B&B stall - I bought it and it works well, I'm very pleased with it. The B&B was incredibly busy, there were times when the stock couldn't be seen for people! Well done and thanks to all those who manned it during the day.

The whole event was really good. I bought a few bits and pieces, though nothing major.

It was a long day for me as I was there from 6:30am until 5pm. Some of the others were there even longer, I know Mike and Jim got there around 5am and were probably there into the evening.

We don't have the final numbers yet but I know early entries were up on last year and we think normal entries were up a bit too.

Greg's son Alex was there with two friends filming various aspects of the day, so there will be a video on the NVCF website in due course (once it's all been edited to a few minutes). Alex did the video on the BVWS website too.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 13th May 2015, 1:11 am   #15
murphymad
Heptode

Hello All,

We really did not want to increase the entrance price, but the costs involved with running the show mean that to make sufficient profit to be useful to the Museum for capital projects we have to.

By way of a reality check, before we left the NEC the NVCF entrance was £5 per person, but the car parking was £7 per car and you had to park miles away from the hall.

I am told by someone who recently went to a large show at the NEC that parking was £12 per car.

So since we moved to the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre in 2006 car parking has been FREE and it is just across from the hall. With much better and cheaper catering so you are actually paying £10 instead of £12 nine years later.

I call that a fantastic bargain!

Mike...
Old 16th May 2015, 1:23 pm   #16
high_vacuum_house
Octode

I went in on the early entry and don't mind paying £25.00 as it works out once per year at just over £2 a month or approx 50p a week which I think is very reasonable.
Christopher Capener
Old 16th May 2015, 4:49 pm   #17
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

An excellent event, as always.
Old 16th May 2015, 5:00 pm   #18
Sean Williams
Dekatron

It's no more expensive than most shows these days Mike - needs to be profitable otherwise what's the point of running it?