UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Feb 2020, 10:46 pm   #1
its ur aerial
Hexode

Default Dull flat Cabinet.

I am doing some light restoration to a Bush Radio, and need some advice on the Cabinet.
The Cabinet is in fairly good condition, but the varnish is just dull and Flat, I don't really want to get involved into stripping of all the old varnish, so I was recommended a wax polish called Gibsons, but its £30 a jar !
Any suggestions for a alternative.
And I also need to remove the existing Bush Logo transfer and replace it with the new one obtained from David G4EBT.( Many thanks David )
Soaking it off would be the obvious method, but not really practical on a wireless cabinet, any suggestions.
Ken, G6HZG.
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 12:54 am   #2
OldTechFan96
Octode

Default Re: Dull flat Cabinet.

T-Cut works really well when it comes to bringing up old cabinets. Then you can use some wax.
Closed Thread