UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Aug 2011, 7:41 am   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Harpenden 25th September

Harpenden will soon be upon us. As usual there will be a Bring and Buy stall for those who have a few items to sell. Usual rules:

• Items can be sold with 10% commission to the VIntage Wireless Museum or donated with 100% to the Museum.
  • The B&B will close when the auction starts, usually about 1pm.
  • If your items are unsold please take them away. We don't have a disposal facility.
Your generosity is much appreciated; we have raised a lot of money for the Museum over the years. Thanks also to the faithful volunteers who have manned the stall; I hope you will be able to help again this time.

This thread is also a good place to remind yourself about stuff you are bringing or collecting. Within reason you can use the B&B stall as a temporary store for stuff in transit.
Old 21st Sep 2011, 7:48 pm   #2
neil29
Heptode

Default Re: Harpenden 25th September

Hi, could someone remind me of the different values of caps the BVWS offer? and will they be on sale on Sunday?

Thanks,
Neil.
Old 21st Sep 2011, 7:57 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

A reminder to myself to bring the Trio TPG for Neil.
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 1:11 am   #4
murphymad
Heptode

Neil,

Take a look at the Back Page of the BVWS Bulletin for the full Range of Capacitors available.

Everything will be at Harpenden for sale as usual.

Stock up while you can as some values are getting low and re-order lead times are 22 weeks on some parts.

Mike...
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 11:30 pm   #5
Danny
Heptode

Hi i have some items i would like to put in the auction ! i havent put items in the auction at harpenden before will it be ok to just bring them along i shall be early.thanks Danny

Hi,

I have some items I would like to put in the auction. I haven't put items in the auction at Harpenden before, so will it be ok to just bring them along? I shall be there early.

Thanks,
Danny.
Old 24th Sep 2011, 9:55 am   #6
murphymad
Heptode

Hi Danny,

Just bring the items along with you and we can enter them into the auction in the morning after 11am.

No need to bring them in especially early, but if you are there early we can get them up on the stage.

The current auction stands at 235 Lots.

Mike...
Old 24th Sep 2011, 10:28 am   #7
Cobaltblue

Hi Mike
235 Lots you are going to be a bit hoarse after that lot!
Here's hoping you have so many round Ekco's that they are only a fiver each
See you tommorrow
Mike T
Old 24th Sep 2011, 4:26 pm   #8
Danny
Heptode

Hi,

I usually get there early any way. So if I could get them in ready then it will be a bonus as I don't relish fighting through a full hall. This will be the first time I've stayed til the end. So it will be breakfast dinner and tea. Hope to bring some bargains home too.

Thanks,

Danny.
Closed Thread