UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 5th Dec 2010, 5:36 pm   #21
Aerodyne
Octode

Default Re: Mullard 3 watt amp - gobsmacked !

The stereo amp I've built was based upon the Mullard 3-3 as shown in the Mullard 'Circuits for Audio Amplifiers', published 1959. The component differences between this later book and the earlier Radio Constructor article are quite marked; it will be interesting to try out these differing values and note what, if anything, the outcome is. When I can find the time, that is!
-Tony
Old 4th Jan 2011, 10:15 pm   #22
G4PCE Rich
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Mullard 3 watt amp - gobsmacked !

Nice pics.
I have a Sterns Mullard 10+10 amp in the cupboard and the original construction sheets somewhere. Looking at your 3 watt one has stirred me into firing mine up. I think it had a little residual hum which might be reduced with a bit of extra smoothing, but otherwise was nice. It has a GZ34 rectifier I think, and had a ECC83 input mod replacing the EF86s
Closed Thread