UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Feb 2020, 2:32 pm   #1
Jack.rwilson
Diode

Default Ferguson Studio 30D Repair

Hi All! I've recently inherited my fathers Ferguson Studio 30D music centre as I'm moving into my new house. The radio and tape player seem to both be working fine, but the turntable refuses to spin (the belt is intact). I also need to source a new stylus and one silver knob from the front (one has mysteriously disappeared!). I'll attach photos, any help would be much appreciated. I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland, so if anyone could recommend any fitters in Ireland (or UK) - Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ferguson-studio-30d-music-centre_360_5f4b1886cdeefb076e945618e22e8a97.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	198217  
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 4:41 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Ferguson Studio 30D Repair

Hi Jack, and welcome to the forum. Can you look for a name/number on the cartridge (the bit that holds the stylus) or post a photo of it, as this will determine which stylus you need?
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 5:20 pm   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

The cartridge is likely to be a Sonotone V100 MM type. Lift off the turntable platter and check the motor spindle is still turning. What you think is a missing knob is likely to be the recess for the 5 pin DIN recording/replay socket.
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 7:08 pm   #4
BRASSBITS
Hexode

If it is a Sonotone V100 as Edward says above I have a brand new condor stylus never removed from the box £6 plus postage if you want it.
Closed Thread