UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jan 2021, 6:29 pm   #1
Keith adamson
Diode

Default Help with reel to reel tape recorder

Wondering if anyone could have a look at a 1960's Ferguson reel to reel tape recorder for me. (You can tell we are clearing the loft during lockdown!). Stored in the loft for 12 years but carefully. The loft is heated so no obvious deterioration. Would like to get it going again as it is of sentimental value - first teenager purchase.
Famous last words perhaps, but I don't think there is a great deal wrong. It turns on but the reels move only slowly. Wonder if it is just that the belts need changing?
Willing to pay of course but could not afford professional rates as we have so much other expense at present.
We are in Bakewell in the Peak District so it will need to be someone who is within reasonable traveling distance.
We are in the dreaded over 70's group so we are being careful by following the current restrictions. Guess we are looking towards Easter but thought I'd ask now in case there is anyone who can help.
Thanks for looking. Keith.
Old 21st Jan 2021, 12:21 pm   #2
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Help with reel to reel tape recorder

Hi Keith welcome to the forum, you have a PM
Closed Thread