UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jan 2020, 4:03 pm   #1
nigelpritchard
Diode

Default Welwyn RF Dummy Load Resistor

Related to my other recent posts of a similar topic, does anyone have a spec for the Welwyn Carbon Rod resistors C743 of 1960's vintage. It's a 52 Ohm 2% part but I'd like to know its power rating.
Old 12th Jan 2020, 4:38 pm   #2
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: Welwyn RF Dummy Load Resistor

The C743 has a maximum continuous power of 15 Watts. At 20 degrees C ambient, the maximum surface temperature at nominal load will be not greater than 150 degrees C.

Data from Welwyn Electric Ltd catalogue 1970-71 page 174

Ron
Old 14th Jan 2020, 12:46 pm   #3
nigelpritchard
Diode

Default Re: Welwyn RF Dummy Load Resistor

That's interesting! I imagined from its size that it might be good for about 25-30W but anyway many thanks Ron for your help.

Nigel