UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jan 2020, 11:17 am   #1
davidcoxell
Diode

Default Sony ICF-M770L

This is a really great little radio, and has tremendous sentimental value.

The radio is only used for Radio 4, and the band selector switch won't work, so I'm stuck on Long Wave. It looks like this switch failure is a common problem with this model.

When the back is removed, the battery housing comes away, so the wire from this to the rest of the radio prevents proper access to the rest of the components.

Does anyone know how to get in there and have a proper look? The switch is right at the top of the cabinet, towards the front, so is really inaccessible.

If I can't get round this myself I would be pleased to let someone else attempt a repair. Even guidance on attempting a workaround would be useful.

Hope someone can help. Many thanks.
Old 3rd Jan 2020, 1:09 pm   #2
Vintage_RC
Heptode

Default Re: Sony ICF-M770L

Service manual uploaded (I hope!), includes notes on disassembly. I don't have one of these sets so can offer no more help than uploading the service manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf icfm770l.pdf (1.08 MB, 85 views)
Old 4th Jan 2020, 1:00 am   #3
davidcoxell
Diode

Default Re: Sony ICF-M770L

Hey – thanks very much for this. I'll give it a read later. Great stuff.
Closed Thread