UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Aug 2010, 12:32 pm   #1
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default help with cine film

hi, i have some cine film that has been passed through the family printed on Kodachrome. the film has been in damp condition and has been damaged by mildew. does anyone know any services that will make cine duplicates of them. i really need help fast as they will soon be gone forever (just one wipe with anything and the print is gone.)
i would really appreciate any help
thanks
Old 21st Aug 2010, 12:55 pm   #2
cheerfulcharlie
Heptode

Default Re: help with cine film

These guys know what they are doing and know how to treat it with respect.

http://videostation.co.uk/sitemap.asp

They do a proper transfer on a sprocketless system, not a clapped out projector and camcorder against a wall like some dodgy outfits still do resulting in flickery and jumpy images.
Old 21st Aug 2010, 1:02 pm   #3
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Google shows several firms doing this type of work, including this lot in London. The emphasis nowadays seem to be transferring film content to video cassette and DVD though, which may not be what you want considering your comment "cine duplicates".

You've nothing to lose by going to Google and noting a few telephone numbers to ring and make enquiries. I'd imagine the process would be quite expensive.

EDIT..........same company as cheerfulcharlie linked to.
Old 21st Aug 2010, 2:40 pm   #4
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

thanks for the info so far. I may also get them cleaned. I am going through the glossed side now so the emulsion does not rub off as it has transferred itself onto the glossed side making 1 strong image and one weak background image. I hope that the picture will look better after.
thanks
Closed Thread