UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jan 2008, 1:51 pm   #1
plunkrock
Retired Dormant Member

Default 'tape' radio series

I'm putting a together a radio series for resonance fm .

It's no budget, ultra-DIY - I'm writing, presenting and recording it (on tape of course), covers tape-based music and sound effects, found tapes, an esoteric history of tape recorders/tape music/tape effects etc - it will be fun and a bit odd.

I would love to hear from anyone who is or has ever been:

making music or art where the use of tape/tape recorders is an integral part of the compositional process or sound

a member of a 'tape club' or similar group

interested in recording a detailed technical description of the workings of an analogue tape recorder - i.e. kind of an audio tour of the mechanism/electronics

utilizing tape recording equipment for unusual purposes

...that kind of thing anyway

PM me if yr interested. Ta!

dan
Old 29th Jan 2008, 2:48 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: 'tape' radio series

You'll probaly get a few responses Dan. I'm just impressed that someone else has mentioned Resonance which I do listen to from time to time,
although I realise that it may seems to be a bit esoteric to some [or at least no one has ever commented on it].
Most people on here seem to be keen radio listeners [or is it just those who post the comments] and there are any number of of tape recording enthusiasts. Does your series have a working title? Dave W
Old 29th Jan 2008, 3:03 pm   #3
plunkrock
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: 'tape' radio series

Thanks Dave,

Yeah Resonance is really a very good station...I suppose I would say that!

I think I'm going to call it 'The Sound Riviera'
Closed Thread