UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 23rd Sep 2018, 8:08 pm   #1
Plecotus
Diode

Default Saying hello

Greetings,

I think I was registered on here a few years ago but a new business rather took over my life so done little radio-wise for some years.

Licenced radio amateur of 40 years. I like to get old things (not just radios) working again. Also interested in miniature steam, caving and hillwalking and long-range target shooting.

I've got a few bits and pieces, including an 1154/1155 that I am hoping to restore in coming months and years. Current project is something more recent - I have an Audiolab 8000S, not quite vintage amplifier that runs fine for a couple of hours then spoils otherwise excellent audio with mains hum. Capacitor somewhere no doubt.

Cheers,

Denis MW0CBC / GW8OQV
Plecotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 8:18 pm   #2
Cobaltblue
Nonode

Default Re: Saying hello

A warm welcome from me Denis

I am sure there will be many more, overall we are pretty much interested in everything

Cheers

Mike T
Cobaltblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2018, 1:17 pm   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Saying hello

Welcome too from me.......

Curious about the dual callsigns- was that down to timing between legacy G8s getting full operating privileges and your desire to operate on HF / use morse?
.........O..Chris....O
Herald1360 is offline   Reply With Quote