UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2012, 10:38 am   #1
Tamlamotown
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ferrograph 632

Hi,
I have a Ferrograph 632 which has develop a fault, when working the main switch (SW1) to Fast Forward or Fast Rewind it produces quite a loud clack when the output volume is turned up.
There doesn't appear to be any supression on the motor side of the switch mechanism, can anyone point me in the right direction to cure this - there is a problem with the upper track output, it has a habit of making shushing and crackling noises when the volume is turned up so I do need to check out the Valves (Tubes) in that department, but I wonder if this might also be a contributing factor in the above switch cracking saga.
The machine is immaculate and it would be great to get it working correctly so I would welcome any help.
Many thanks

Vic
Old 8th May 2012, 4:32 pm   #2
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Ferrograph 632

You could try a 0.1uF 1000 v across the mains, or the motor switching contacts.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:39 pm   #3
Tamlamotown
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ferrograph 632

Hello Tim,
Many thanks for that - will try the cap across the motor switch contacts.
I sorted the upper track noise problem it was the valve, so apart from the crack when switching from record or play to either wind positions she sounds damn good.

Vic
Closed Thread