UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Aug 2011, 4:58 pm   #21
allan
Pentode

Location: South coast near Ringwood/Christchurch, Dorset, UK.
Default Re: RAF Control Tower Receiver R1132

I found some silver plated tubing. It's about an eighth of inch diameter, wound 3 turns about 3 quarters of an inch and it worked like a charm. R1132 now tunes the low end of the aircraft band with good sensitivity but I need to fix the tracking of the two RF stages. Unfortunately the FM band is present as the image (76-100).
As the original design has the oscillator on the low side there's not a lot one can do. I could add the bandpass filter to improve matters but that wasn't present on my set.
Of course as luck would have it Radio Solent is on 96.1Meg (96.1+24= 120.1) and the local airport (Bournemouth) has ATC frequencies straddling this on 119.475 and 120 odd.
Classic FM on 100.3 is the image for 124.3.
Old 5th Mar 2014, 12:37 pm   #22
bill knox
Hexode

Hi Allan

Be a little careful with the diagrams in the manual, there are two circuit diagrams one for before a serial number of approx.. 15000 and a later version.

The problem is, that my receiver has a serial number of 11500 approx. and although the later diagram is very close to the radio there are some differences.

What I am having trouble with at the moment is the AGC, or apparent lack of it I am just waiting for delivery of some more components.

I know this is an old posting but thought the info useful.

REgards

Bill
Old 5th Mar 2014, 1:50 pm   #23
Julesomega
Nonode

Weren't there two quite different R1132s? one with the Bakelite dial assembly as per the Radiomuseum and one with circular dial à la TF144G
Anyway, those tuning caps used to be readily available in the surplus stores; I have a few singles and doubles if anyone is attempting to refurbish after the '2m mod'
Old 5th Mar 2014, 2:17 pm   #24
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Bill has inadvertently revived my comment about the 144 Meg conversion article [p8*]. I wondered where that was? [See his 1132A Type 3 PSU Thread]
Dave W
Old 6th Mar 2014, 4:05 pm   #25
Anthony Thomas
Hexode

My 1132 has an ECL80 in the output stage plus many other mods too numerous to mention. I am wondering whether to keep as is or revert to original.

Tony.
Closed Thread