UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Oct 2005, 12:01 am   #1
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Vintage Recorders

Some of you may have seen my site which I haven’t had anything done with for some time

I want to completely change the site and revamp it suggestions would be great.
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 8:30 am   #2
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: Vintage Recorders

Hi R to R
The design of the menus, etc, look fine as they are - interesting site!
One small point that the dark blue text for links is almost illegible on the dark background - something like bright cyan might be better.
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 9:08 am   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Yea, the default hyperlink colour is blue but I don't know anything about web design to change it as its my brother who made it, I was thinking of having buttons there instead like what I have for the recorders.
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 11:52 am   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by reel-to-reel-man
Yea, the default hyperlink colour is blue but I don't know anything about web design to change it as its my brother who made it, I was thinking of having buttons there instead like what I have for the recorders.
Maybe it would be better with just a lighter background graphic, as whatever colour you use for text, the dark background would affect it, unless you use a plain colour here.
Even if you use menus or buttons in some places, it is handy to pop in a link for something in the context of a sentence, and is is generally accepted that blue is a default for this.
Old 4th Oct 2005, 10:58 pm   #5
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

I had thought of changing the background, the background is a sampled picture of the Vortexion CBL6, thought the pattern was nice I wanted to keep the site looking vintage though a brussed metal may look nicer, going to talk to my brother about the change this weekend.
Closed Thread