UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Aug 2022, 1:00 am   #1
Spike957357
Diode

Angry Marconi Sanders 6050 meter calibration

I have acquired one of these venerable beasties and have sourced the handbook. It is a frequency meter which reads between 1 and 2 Ghz. I have 2 fairly accurate signal sources and a stable frequency counter, so I can confirm that the meter is about 150Mhz off tune. At 1300 Mhz it reads about 1450 and at 1600 Mhz it shows well over 1700. The handbook states that for re-calibration it should be returned to Marconi, obviously no longer an option. There doesn't seem to be any form of adjuster. Has anyone dealt with one of these, who can give me some pointers. It is certainly very sensitive, but the dial doesn't match the frequency being transmitted through it.
Closed Thread