UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Aug 2022, 9:17 pm   #1
BrianAllen
Heptode

Default Acos gp91 3sc pick up cartridge

I have hunted high and low for many weeks but have yet to find an Acos gp91 3sc pick up cartridge; any ideas i.e. can I purchase an equivalent cartridge by another manufacturer.

Thank you.
Old 8th Aug 2022, 3:50 am   #2
peter_sol
Octode

Default Re: Acos gp91 3sc pick up cartridge

That is a high output cartridge, usually used in record players using UL84 and UY85 valves.
Such high output cartridges which are stereo compatible are no longer avaliable.
You could try the stylus lady who may have a used but good one.
Old 8th Aug 2022, 9:14 am   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

An option is to try to look for a BSR X5H. Like the Acos these are as rare as Hen's Teeth now. However if you only are to use it solely for MONO LPs, 45s and 78s the BSR (Clone) H TC8 is available at £38-00.
Old 8th Aug 2022, 7:41 pm   #4
BrianAllen
Heptode

Thank you for your information and equivalents.

I may have one from a Vintage member but if not suitable, I will source parts that you have recommended.

Thank you.

Brian
Closed Thread