UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Mar 2011, 11:21 pm   #1
eastleake
Retired Dormant Member

Question Phillips 4307/55 fast forward stop

I have repaired a Phillips 4307/55 reel to reel, removed goo, new belts and clutch rubbers. My question.. When stopping from fast forward the supply reel runs on spewing tape any ideas how to correct? Thanks John
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 11:55 pm   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Phillips 4307/55 fast forward stop

Check the cork brake at top of supply spool, also have you fitted the clutch rubbers correctly, they are the opposite of the right hand clutch rubber inserts.

Colin.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 7:50 pm   #3
eastleake
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for that, have checked cleaned spool brake appears to have sorted problem.
Old 26th Mar 2011, 10:42 pm   #4
ben
Dekatron

I had this too. I ended up cutting down some rubber wedges off TV tube/yoke mounts, far more substantial than the cruddy original pieces. That was in 1993, these are still ok now!

I still save those handy solid bits of rubber even today, when scrapping tvs or monitors.
Old 27th Mar 2011, 8:54 pm   #5
ricard
Octode

For one of these machines with completely melted rubber pieces, I cut some pieces of 2mm (I think) diameter o-ring string which also worked very well.

/Ricard
Closed Thread