UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Sep 2016, 10:53 am   #1
Voxophone
Hexode

Default Anyone used Mullard Magic?

Has anyone ordered any NOS valves from this site? http://www.mullardmagic.co.uk/

They seem to have a pretty good selection.

Cheers

Liam
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 11:00 am   #2
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

Default Re: Anyone used Mullard Magic?

I haven't ordered valves, but I can recommend the seller who I've known for a good while and bought much from over the years.

Andy
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 11:12 am   #3
ParcGwyn
Hexode

I ordered a 913 CRT from this site, no problem.

Dave
GW7ONS
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 11:31 am   #4
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Yes, I’ve had a number of N.O.S valves from them – reasonably priced, carefully packed and promptly delivered. Steve - who runs Mullard Magic with his wife Karen - had a little stand at the NVCF this year, where I spotted some excellent silk fabric covered wire with tracer colours that’s almost identical to the wiring loom which joins the power supply chassis to the radio chassis on an Ekco A77 that's a stalled project of mine. (It comes in 17 different colour options).

The wire is silk braided over PVC insulation; 10/0.010” (ten strands of 0.010”) tinned copper hook up wire (approximately 20 AWG, and the outside diameter is approx 2.3mm). This wire is new-old stock, manufactured in 1955 by the Concordia Electric Wire & Cable Company Ltd of Nottingham. There won’t be any more – when it’s gone, it’s gone, so I quickly snaffled what I needed!:

http://www.mullardmagic.co.uk/silk-b...tripe-tracer-7
Old 25th Sep 2016, 8:03 pm   #5
YoungManGW
Hexode

I've not bought valves from the owner, but did acquire from him a vintage dentistry chair. He's a very nice chap, trades in quite a few interesting items.
Old 25th Sep 2016, 8:23 pm   #6
evingar
Octode

Yep, used them to buy a spare set of valves for my Bush TV24. No problem at all, very smooth transaction.
Old 29th Sep 2016, 3:51 pm   #7
stitch1
Heptode

Thanks for highlighting this site Liam, I ordered some hook up wire on Tuesday and it was delivered today for the standard delivery price, great service.

John
Closed Thread