UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Oct 2020, 11:26 am   #21
Phil__G
Octode

Default Re: More attic finds

PM your postal address, Mr B!
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 10:16 am   #22
Phil__G
Octode

More rummaging, found a mint Sharp PC1500 in a nice leatherette carry-case, I remember I sold my PC1200 to get this decades ago... also dumped 5 or 6 playstation type things in the skip... thought I'd found a ZX81 but its an empty plastic case. I did find my Eaca Colour Genie but I recall it had a video fault when it was retired. I can actually see the loft floor now
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 10:30 am   #23
MrBungle
Dekatron

Only just seen this - have replied to your PM
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 4:19 pm   #24
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Oh, I loved the PC1500. I have an original Technical Reference manual for it on the shelf with the machine code instruction set, ROM calls, and circuit diagrams for the machine and most of the options.

Did you ever have the printer (one of those ALPS 4-colour plotter things)? Even rarer (I have it) is the CE158 RS232/Centronics interface.
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 5:00 pm   #25
Phil__G
Octode

Hi Tony
I had the base unit for the PC1200, it had a dot-matrix ticker-tape printer and a cassette interface, all went as a job lot when I wanted the PC1500. Someone in America bought it. The 1500 is just the computer and carry case, no add-ons. Still works great as I never stored it with batteries in. I seem to recall the Sharps used a variant of the Z80 processor?

The empty ZX81 I found wasnt - empty that is - its complete and works!
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 1:31 pm   #26
Phil__G
Octode

The 'Quidboards' are all gone now, I kept a couple for my own use. Notes are in post 15.
Cheers
Phil
Closed Thread