UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Feb 2019, 11:19 pm   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Audiojumble Sun 17th Feb

The Audiojumble at Tonbridge, Kent, is coming up soon, see http://www.audiojumble.co.uk for location, times and prices. Two halls packed with stalls full of audio treasure, vinyl (new and used), spares and accessories, ample free parking, refreshments served throughout the day.

And the BVWS will be there with our tables overflowing with vintage audio equipment, reel to reel, turntables, tuners, speakers, amps, radios, test equipment, valves, a selection of new capacitors to restore your vintage gear and of course cans of liquid gold de-oxit.

Come and see our stand in the main hall and say hello! It's always a great day out!
________

BVWS committee chairman
Old 7th Feb 2019, 1:57 pm   #2
Beobloke
Heptode

Default Re: Audiojumble Sun 17th Feb

Looking forward to it - I'll be there in my usual spot!
Old 7th Feb 2019, 5:49 pm   #3
bikerhifinut
Octode

Me too.
I can't buy anything large as the builders are due to start and its been hard enough stashing and protecting my junk, errr valued collection of old radio and stereo gear!
probably have a hunt round for bits to repair old sets and some stuff for planned new Audio projects when I get a workroom finished late spring.
Still kicking myself over the ESL57s as the new upstairs lounge will be large enough to do a pair justice!
A.
Old 8th Feb 2019, 9:46 am   #4
John Caswell
Hexode

Hi all,
I will be there with "Vinyl Spinner" Nigel on tables 38/39.

John
Old 17th Feb 2019, 10:26 pm   #5
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

A very good day for everyone. Many thanks to Richard and his siblings for organizing such a well run event.

Many Thanks
Trevor.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 10:47 am   #6
Beobloke
Heptode

Had a great day and a reasonably good sale so no complaints there!

Purchase wise, I failed to resist a non-working Technics SU-9600 preamp for £40 and 4/7ths of a Yamaha 99 series midi system for £20, both of which I’m led to believe came from the BVWS stall!

Finally, as I was packed up and leaving, I spotted a turntable on an empty table near the door with ‘Free’ on it. Despite the fact that it was in grotty condition and is also a Connoisseur BD2, a deck which I loathe, it caught me off guard and somehow sparked compassion within me, so I rescued it!
Old 18th Feb 2019, 1:01 pm   #7
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I always thought the BD2 was a proper Transcription job BB? Why don't you like it I wonder-apart from this particular one being in a poor state?

Dave W
Old 18th Feb 2019, 2:05 pm   #8
Beobloke
Heptode

I've always felt it was a cheap and nasty design that never performed anywhere near as well as it was supposed to. A grotty little vibratory motor with a 50/50 chance of starting in the wrong direction; the poor rubber motor mount that inevitably fails; the feeble speed change mechanism that usually makes the belt fall off...

I could go on, but I'm way off-topic now - apologies!
Old 18th Feb 2019, 2:24 pm   #9
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Well thanks for the reply anyway-there's always a difference in views I find.
My GP said put two doctors in a room and you get three opinions
Is it just dirty or suffering from those faults you mention as well?

Dave
Closed Thread