UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 25th Apr 2019, 7:16 am   #1
Victorzuluzulu
Triode

Default Hello from me, a newbie

Hi,
Just found this resource and joined as I have a new interest in old radio equipment.

Im Alan from near Thirsk.
Ive got plenty of new radio kit but wanted the experience of having to work a bit harder sometimes if you know what I mean ;-)

Anyway,, to business, I've sourced a suitable, old radio to tinker with and sure enough, it needs a good tinkering.

Its a Trio TS700G formerly owned by SK G4HCL, a callsign i'm sure many of you will know.

Id like to start with a set of manuals for it and if anyone can help me with this, I shall be most grateful.

Its got stability issues and on TX it drops from between 5 and 10 on keying on FM and CW down to 0W over about 10 seconds. This varies and sometimes it will output an FM carrier for 20 or so seconds before collapsing to 0 over a few seconds.

Anyway, thats me and the radio, I look forward to getting involved.

Cheers
Alan
Victorzuluzulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2019, 12:15 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Hello from me, a newbie

Is this the manual?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...roduct-TS-700G
Old 25th Apr 2019, 8:23 pm   #3
Victorzuluzulu
Triode

Hi, it is but that is a very dangerous website and will install malware/spyware on a computer. The link that purports to be to the actual file is merely a vehicle to get you to download a PDF converter that nobody needs or wants and whats worse is it contains a "bundled" web-browser hijacker.

Thanks for your assistance though, if anyone has the manual as a PDF or word doc they can share with me I would be grateful.

Cheers
Old 25th Apr 2019, 9:23 pm   #4
Nuvistor
Dekatron

I downloaded and ran the PDF through Bitdefender virus scanner and no problems found but appreciate if you have reservations.

I just used the green download button for the manual not the pdf viewer which I donít require.
Old 26th Apr 2019, 7:50 am   #5
Victorzuluzulu
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvistor View Post
I downloaded and ran the PDF through Bitdefender virus scanner and no problems found but appreciate if you have reservations.

I just used the green download button for the manual not the pdf viewer which I don’t require.
Many thanks,
I've now downloaded it with the green button, really appreciate your help.
I was very wary of that site because it caught me out once before and I ended up having to do a full install when it installed a browser hijacker. Now I know.

Cheers, Alan.
Old 26th Apr 2019, 9:01 am   #6
Station X

Three posts moved to a new thread here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=156018

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Station X is offline   Reply With Quote