UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 29th May 2019, 1:13 am   #41
usradcoll1
Hexode

Default Re: Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinTheAmpMan1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
Not that those three are all the cats I have ever had the pleasure to have shared life with, there are many previous ones.
Steve,
What a great trio of felines! We have had cats for yonks - our current guest is Talulah who appears in my avatar. It is a shame that she really doesn't like other cats very much.
Colin.
It's great to see there is so many cat lover's on this website.
My first-love kitty lived for 19 years.
Right now, I have two cats, one large male, nine years and the picture of health and a little female that is around sixteen months old.
All the cats I had never go outside, as it's too painful to lose them or have them get injured or killed.
usradcoll1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2019, 5:31 pm   #42
usradcoll1
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by usradcoll1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinTheAmpMan1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
Not that those three are all the cats I have ever had the pleasure to have shared life with, there are many previous ones.
Steve,
What a great trio of felines! We have had cats for yonks - our current guest is Talulah who appears in my avatar. It is a shame that she really doesn't like other cats very much.
Colin.
It's great to see there is so many cat lover's on this website.
My first-love kitty lived for 19 years.
Right now, I have two cats, one large male, nine years and the picture of health and a little female that is around sixteen months old.
All the cats I had never go outside, as it's too painful to lose them or have them get injured or killed.
I should've never bragged about my 9 YO big black cat being the picture of health. He took sick a few days ago.
Now, he's subject to seizures, resembling epilepsy in a human.
I brought him home and I'll medicate him until the meds run out, then
usradcoll1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2019, 6:07 pm   #43
LyntonP
Pentode

We lost our cat two weeks ago. We inherited him from my youngest sons then girlfriend who was moving house around thirteen years ago. During the summer months he would not come into the house other than for food. In the winter months all he wanted to do was sit on my lap and sleep. But every night at bedtime he would disappear outside for the night. If I was in the garden he always encouraged me to sit on the garden bench so he could jump up to be stroked. I last saw him sat in his usual spot and I asked him if he was hungry. Normally he would always come in for food but he never moved. That was the last time I saw him. I have searched for him but to no avail. What made our day even more tragic was the fact that we also lost a friend who was competing in The Isle of Man TT. I have attended the TT for the last ten years as a course marshal but domestic circumstances this year made it impossible. A day to both remember and forget.
Lynton
Old 17th Jun 2019, 8:51 pm   #44
MurphyNut
Heptode

I named our first cat Ambrose, after the great 1930's dance band leader. My wife at first didn't like the name much, but it wasn't long before she conceded it was a good name for a cat.
Old 17th Jun 2019, 9:31 pm   #45
Semir_DE
Triode

Very sorry to hear about your losses. I had to put my beloved cat "Lucy" to sleep because she was terminally ill at only age 7. I know what it feels like to lose a dear pet, they become a member of the family. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do when faced with such a decision. The only thing perhaps is to give a home to another pet from an animal shelter and that is what I ended up doing.

Semir
Semir_DE is offline   Reply With Quote