UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Mar 2023, 9:56 pm   #1
AdrianH
Octode

Default IGRANIC type J intervalve transformer assistance?

I picked up for a couple of £'2 two intervalve transformers, both have O/C windings, the first I am looking at is an IGRANIC type J 3:1 or should that be 1:3 intervalve transformer.

I am considering trying to do a rewind of the unit. The bobbin is in four sections with from the bottom 1 and 3 being primary and 2 & 4 being the secondary.

What has thrown me is there was a capacitor in there, but I missed taking details of which side it was on, basically as I did not think there would be a capacitor in it. The value of the cap is 390pF?
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	275694
I need to order some reels of wire and I think 40 AWG for the primary and 44 for the secondary. I did a resistance measurement of the primary and worked out what I though would be the turns ratio and got 4,400 turns for primary and 13,760 the secondary. This is just my best guess, if anyone knows the actual number of turns and wire size it would be appreciated.

Adrian
Closed Thread